The Service Desk Technician I will be responsible for resolving technical issues involving server, virtualization, storage, networking, and voice and a basic level. The Service Desk Technician I position will work closely with Project Management, Systems Engineering, and Cloud Services teams on supporting implementations for these technologies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve service desk tickets related to technical difficulties with hardware, software, and the network
- Assist with basic hardware and software installs
- Facilitate incoming and outgoing calls with clients
- Assist in creation and maintenance of documentation for support solutions and processes
- Adept at working with changing technology and multi-task with limited supervision
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to client and internal teams. Including documentation of technical details of each ticket, following standard service desk procedures.
- Participate with on-call rotations to provide after-hours support as needed
- Further knowledge by engaging in available trainings and partner competency programs.
- Ensuring they are complying with, and adhering to all Information Security Policies as well as privacy policies. They must also ensure they are protecting and keeping secure all client information considered or believed to be private or sensitive.
- Ensuring all security and operational controls are followed and enforced to ensure client data remains secure, available, and private, where applicable.
- Minimum of 1+ years in end user support
- Minimum of 1+ years in server and/or network support
- Windows Server Up To Current GA Version
- Windows Desktop OS Up To Up To Current GA Version
- Active Directory, Windows Update, Exchange, Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Services
- VMware ESXi and/or Microsoft Hyper-V Up To Current GA Version
- VMware Horizon
- Working knowledge of networking preferred but not required
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
- Strong written, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work well and communicate with peers and clients
- Technical certifications based on experience. (VMware, Microsoft Certifications, etc.)
- Functioning personal vehicle for transportation and a valid PA driver’s license required.
- Preferred Education: Technical or Associate degree in relevant field or 1 year’s equivalent experience preferred.
- Some travel heavy lifting may be required.
- Level/Department: Technical Level I
- Reports to: Service Desk Manager
- Date Reviewed: 03/29/2023