Is it time for your business to look for new network infrastructure?
Let’s face it: your company’s computer network is critically important to successfully compete in the market. Not only are slow, unresponsive, or unsecured networks a major obstacle to your business, they can even result in devastating data breaches.
For better or worse, your network is the foundation of your company’s IT environment.
Unfortunately, many small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) still operate with older legacy networks that may no longer effectively address their business objectives.
This leaves them with two choices: limp along with what they have, or take the necessary steps to improve for the future.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of new network infrastructure and if it’s time for you to make the move.
Benefits of New Network Infrastructure
Implementing new network infrastructure, or even upgrading an existing one, is not a decision organizations make for no reason.
SMBs look for several specific benefits when pursuing this course.
- Increased security – The number of cyberattacks against company networks shows no signs of slowing down. The types of attacks range from distributed denial of services (DDoS) attacks, which attempt to overwhelm a network, to advanced persistent threats (APTs) that compromise network resources for later exploitation.
A successful attack on your organization’s network can be crippling, and in extreme cases, even put you out of business for good.
- Enhanced productivity – Network performance and availability are major contributors to team productivity. Slow, unresponsive networks result in both wasted time and irritated employees.
Additionally, legacy networks may not have the capacity to connect to employees’ wireless devices This forces them to use alternate and less productive methods to get things done.
- Improved customer experience – A faster and more productive network often results in an improved customer experience.
Providing a better customer experience is often a differentiating factor in competitive markets. Many times, it means the difference between making or losing your next sale.
- Growth Opportunities – Companies without the right network often find it challenging to grow their business.
Why? Well, poorly performing networks act as choke points, slowing down production and competitive performance.
However, a new or upgraded network can provide the ability to offer innovative services to customers, as well as additional resources for employees.
Types of Internal Networks
When implementing a new network infrastructure, you’ll need to consider your business objectives, as well as the way the infrastructure will be used.
For the most part, three main options exist.
- LAN – LAN, or local area networks, are used to connect computers and devices within a small area, such as an office building.
- WAN – Also known as wide area networks, these offer broader connectivity, and may include connecting multiple geographic locations into a consolidated network.
- WLAN – WLAN, or wireless local area networks, let your employees connect to the network with mobile devices, to facilitate increased productivity.
Of course, not every network is right for every business, and your own business’s needs and goals will dictate which network infrastructure is right for you.
Finding the Ideal Network for Your Company
create a customized and secure network that stays within your budget.can work with your company to determine the network design that best fits your business objectives.
Even further, our engineers will work behind the scenes to ensure the implementation causes as little disruption to your business operations as possible.
And, along with our cybersecurity division, Blue Bastion, we can help with monitoring, detecting, and responding to any issues that impact you.
Ready to learn more? Simply contact us at 412-349-6680, or fill out the form below, and our security and IT experts will gladly outline your options and best solutions.